The MPs were from the Raila Odinga-led Orange Democratic Movement, Kalonzo Musyoka’s Wiper, Moses Wetang’ula’s Ford-Kenya and Gideon Moi’s Kanu.
The ODM lawmakers who joined Jubilee include
- Mpuri Aburi (Tigania East),
- Isaac Mwaura (nominated),
- Samuel Arama (Nakuru West),
From Kanu were
- Prof Helen Sambili (Mogotio),
- Samwel Moroto,
- Eric Keter (Belgut) and
- Kuresoi North’s Moses Cheboi.
Those who moved from Mr Kalonzo’s Wiper include
- Regina Ndambuki (Kilome),
- Joe Mutambu (Mwingi Central),
- Munuve Mati (Mwingi North),
- Michael Munyao (Mbooni).
From Ford-Kenya, the team was led by former party national chairman and now Turkana Senator John Munyes.
Other MPs from other parties were Victor Munyaka (Machakos Town) and Peter Shehe (Ganze).
“We will have more than 41 MPs joining us from other opposition parties ,” said Mr Ruto.
“This is a sign that these leaders have decided that the die is cast that you are either in a national party or you stay in an ethnic party,” said Mr Duale.
We are expecting more political re-alignments in the coming months before the upcoming 2017 elections.
(Visited 1,356 times, 1 visits today)