The Orange Democratic Movement Party (ODM) wishes to state the following with regard to the brutal murder of lawyer Willie Kimani, his client Josephat Mwenda and driver Joseph Muiruri:
1. The ODM condemns in the strongest terms possible this incomprehensible act of impunity and demand that action be taken to bring the perpetrators to book. While the party is aware some people have been arrested, we hope this is not another ploy to placate the public. We demand real justice be done.
2. The ODM stands with the families of the victims of this horror and join them in calling for the government of the day to do what governments are formed to do – protect and ensure the security and safety of citizens.
3. The ODM wishes to inform the public that this is not an isolated incident of extra-judicial killing in Kenya. From 2009, the country has witnessed systematic and well planned executions of kenyan citizens without the benefit of due process of the law. Whatever the justifications have been, the ODM has all along believed only a credible judiciary can resolve conflicts among citizens and between citizens and the state.
4. The ODM wishes to inform the public that it believes there is a death squad within the national police which is being used to settle both political and economic scores. This is our understanding of the unresolved death of Mr. Jacob Juma. This is illegal and must end immediately.
5. The ODM wishes to draw the attention of the Public that since 2007/08 post-election violence; the justification for killing and enforcing disappearances of Kenyans was due to the ICC cases. Some of these Kenyans..CLICK NEXT BELOW TO CONTINUE READING…