Registration of KRA pin has been made more easier since Kenya Revenue Authority migration from the previous ITMS system to the current iTAX system
Here is the simple guide on how to apply
- Visit there web portal that is;https://itax.kra.go.ke or www.kra.go.ke
- For the first time registration(unregistered user) click on the new pin registration link to continue.The link is on the right hand side of the website
- The KRA pin application form;at this point you need to choose your taxpayer type on the drop down field. The choices available are; –Individual i.e for students, employees, personal and entrepreneurs. –Non individual i.e for businesses and company. you also need to provide the registration type i.e online or uploading form
- Filling the basic information; at this level, you are require to fill accurate details in the form. After this you click `next` to proceed to the next level.
- Details of the Taxpayer obligation; some details have been added by the KRA on the to meet your tax obligations requirements. Previously in the ITMS, you were required to tick a check box. but on the new itax system, you needed to provide your date of registration next your tax obligation that you had chosen.
- Income source; there is new requirement by KRA to provide your income source i.e Rental, Business or Employment.
- Tax Agent details. There is a new tax regulation that requires you to provide your authorized tax agent to submit your application on your behalf. this means that you cant finish the process by yourself. after filling every field with correct information, you will be able to submit the information. but if you have forgotten to fill a field, an error tab will appear and inform you the unfilled sections which you have to fill before you proceed
- Downloading and printing the form; after successfully submitting the details.a message will appear saying that ” Your new pin will be displayed on the screen” a link also will appear labelled Click here to download pin certificate. then you will be able to download your new pin and print. and that’s all that’s required.
- If you have lost your KRA pin number then send an email to control room @kra.go.ke or call 0202812059 or you can visit any kra office. if you want to contact the details of a pin or third party in your possession. visit the site kra.go.ke
- Pin Checker; it enables to check with a particular pin is genuine or not. a genuine pin is generated by the Domestic Taxes Department, stored and is in current use. the information provided is limited to names and pin provided.
- Forgotten your user name and pin . you need to use the
- Forgot Password function in the portal to get your new credentials.
- When a compony changes its name. they can use their previous pin and vat. they will apply for name change. certifacate of name change will be provided with the application.
(Visited 730 times, 1 visits today)